I remember when I was a child, I was told that it was dangerous to cross the street. Still, there were occasions when I found I had to move on even if I did have to make a few crossings. Still, my Mother, being relatively sound mentally (With the exception of having to deal with a child like me perhaps) was wise and offered me sage advice. She told me to look both ways before I crossed the street. It seemed important at the time and looking back, it seems reasonable that most adults would accept it as nothing more than common sense. Yet sadly, in the world today, common sense seems to be lacking. If politics were a street, people would only be looking in one direction before they crossed. There seems no reason for people on one side or the other to look to the side they believe will save them, wrongfully believing that the only real danger comes from the other direction. The truth of the matter remains that it does not matter what direction a political vehicle is traveling, whether to the left or to the right, it will still hurt anybody who is hit by it.
I say this because too many people seem to believe that government in one form or another will save them. I will be adding more quotes here soon from some people who are much more eloquent and capable than I am at expressing the truth. To start my rambling against both sides of the political playground (Difficult to take politicians seriously anymore) I will quote Ronald Reagan for my first one.
"Big government is not the solution. Big government is the PROBLEM!"
Thus, my first rant upon my return here.
Ward
Saturday, August 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment