Friday, August 10, 2007

Political Passion

Even though I probably have less readers here than the five I have on my space and the one I have on live journal, I just loved this so much I had to post it here as well. -WT-

Why is it that so many people get so passionate about politics that they quickly lose all sense of logic and reason and revert to name-calling and emotional diatribe instead of actually trying to define their differences, converse in the form of an actual debate and resolve issues? This is really going to upset some people but the answer, while very obvious, will be announced at the end of this post.

I am a prolific writer. I moved to the Philippines mainly for two reasons. The first reason was so that I could afford to quit my job and write full-time. Sometimes I get paid for it but most of the time I do not. The second reason was in order for me to have an opportunity to become politically apathetic. Unfortunately, my writing is doing much better than my apathy.

The fact of the matter is that politics are about parties and power. From there it quickly degrades into a schism that rapidly breaks apart, swallowing entire hordes of devout followers who blindly believe that if they toe their party line, they will be saved somehow.

Standing outside of all this mess are the PACs or Political Action Committees, the SIGs or Special Interest Groups and then the omnipresent Lobbyists. These well-funded organizations fuel and subsequently feed on the divisions and rifts created between the parties. These people buy and sell career politicians like so many commodities being traded on Wall Street.

I could give you many examples of this as well as an incredible amount of hypocrisy on the right and on the left but it would be an exercise in futility that only fueled the flames of party politics without offering any real solutions. One of the many things that strikes me as funny is that I am not blinded by political parties. I suppose that would make me a political wallflower of sorts but it is a somewhat accurate analogy. Still, those on the left frequently accuse me of being a fascist NeoCon lackey while those on the right frequently accuse me of being the proverbial wingnut.

Both sides are so locked up in their mindless, blindly driven faith in their own parties that they cannot see that anyone could possibly be in disagreement with both sides. I suffer from no delusions that either party will be my savior. Quite honestly, I would rather not be "saved" by either side given their actions and lack of any stoic moral or ethical values or character.

I believe that if enough people would look past their blinders and delve into the historical records that exist rather than listening to the dogmatic ramblings wherever they got their education, that they would see that the federal government as it now exists is questionable even in its legality. Its very existence is contrary and strictly prohibited by the US Constitution. Our forefathers went to great lengths to help us avoid getting to where we are now and even laid out a frightening, almost prophetic vision of the exact paths that we have taken as a nation.

Already, I can hear readers (If I had any at all) clicking away from this page and vowing never to return. I can hear how I am being told that it is good that an American-hating so and so like me already left (Insert your own threat here)

The fact of the matter is that I love America. I have served my time in her military, albeit to a limited extent. I do not claim that America is the cause for anyone's problems other than those which the American people have allowed to occur right inside the once proud USA.

If anyone has dared to venture this far into my rant; please, let me prove my point by asking a couple of simple questions. The answers that I have given can easily be found in the Federalist Papers where we were warned about this very path and given a means to avoid being where we are as a nation today.

Q) Is America/The USA a Democracy?

A) HELL NO! Great pains were taken by our forefathers to avoid this nation ever becoming a "democracy" and we were warned in no uncertain terms that the road to democracy leads to a certain and very painful death for us as a Nation. I Love the USA and would gladly stand up and fight for her were she still the nation our forefathers so valiantly began.

Q) Does the Constitution of the US guarantee rights to the citizens?

A) HELL NO! The Constitution was written for the expressed purpose of defining and limiting the powers of the federal government to prevent it from becoming the monstrosity it is today. The constitution was written as it was to prevent power being illegally usurped from state governments and centralized in Washington DC where it would become even more oppressive than the government we broke away from to begin with.

If you are still with me reading this here, whether you love me or hate me, please accept my thanks for reading my statements this far.

A lot of people will actually tell me I am wrong about those questions and answers when a quick review of the historical records show them both to be irrefutable facts. Those who do not know their history are doomed to repeat it.

The fact of the matter is that people are so passionate about politics because they follow it with blind faith that one wonders it does not have the capacity to allow God to experience envy. Should we follow the tenets of the Bible (Not the church, but that is another rant and another distinction many people have a difficult time understanding) with such blind faith and veracity, this world would actually be a beautiful place to live.

The fact of the matter is that we were originally a Constitutional Republic of United States ... the Of America simply indicated our geographical location and not a centralized, isolated and free-handed government that could freely oppress her own citizens and quiet them when they dissented.

Until her people are able to remove their blinders, pull themselves away from the political parties and the parties of politics and start looking at historical fact and figuring out fixes instead of b*tt-kissing a bunch of petty and selfish politicians, neither side will ever be able to save us and soon, the good ol' US of A will become a footnote somewhere next to ancient Rome or Greece.

Think I am overstating it? Go to your Congressman or Representative and remind them about "Of the people, by the people and for the people." While you are at it take a copy of the Constitution and the Federalist Papers with you and ask them to justify their jobs. Maybe you will even have more good fortune when you do it than when I did.

If anybody read this far. Truly, I thank you.

No comments: