This article leads to quite a few thoughts.
First, one of the very few well-defined powers of the federal government is the obligation to defend out nation's borders. This seems to be an idea which is openly scoffed at by politicians of both political parties. Too much partying and not enough politics again perhaps?
Second, what part of "illegal" equals being a racist? I suggest that the next time you get caught for any infraction or violation of the law that you justify it by saying that you were simply doing so in an attempt to better your life and the financial situation of you and/or your family.
Example: I am sorry your Honor. Yes Sir/Ma'am, I realize I was doing 93mph in a 45mph zone but please allow me to justify my illegal actions. You see, I was trying to get a job and I had too many interviews and needed to rush to get to them all. In my defense, I would like to say that obeying the laws of this State and this great Nation would have jeopardized my being able to improve my personal financial situation and been part and party to the oppression of my family and myself and only by circumventing your laws was I able to do what I needed to do for my family and for myself.
I bet it does not work! I do not know about you, but last time I took a copy of the Constitution to court with me they threw me in jail for contempt of court and charged me for it as well. My purported defender cost me over four thousand dollars and did not even know about relevant (Albeit illegal and unconstitutional) federal laws were in regards to the case that severely impacted my future.
Now substitute the circumstances of an ILLEGAL alien and tell me if the circumstances are actually any different?
Example: I am sorry your Honor. Yes Sir/Ma'am, I realize I was entering this nation illegally but please allow me to justify my actions. You see, I was trying to get a job and I could not get one in my country of origin. I would like to say that obeying the current immigration laws already in place in this great Nation would have jeopardized my being able to improve my personal financial situation and been part and party to the oppression of my family and myself and only by circumventing your laws was I able to do what I needed to do for my family and for myself.
Is it any different?
If an individual legally residing in the nation is penalized for breaking the law, how much more so should someone residing here while already proving a sense of disdain for our laws, be allowed any rights, any freedoms or any justification for breaking the law? What part of illegal is so hard to understand?
Third, at least some of the states are trying to do something about it. If more states got involved, maybe something would actually happen.
All of that leads me to wonder if the laws of secession have changed since the Civil War? California has spoken of it in the recent past. Maybe it would be something to at least make the politicians stop partying for a little bit and concern themselves more with the nation and the only real powers they do have.
Which leads me to conclude that despite all of my wishful thinking, it will remain thoughts and I will never see action taken in my lifetime but only watch as the sheeple of the nation continue to bow and kowtow to an illegal federal body. But hey, I can still dream can't I?
Monday, August 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment