Monday, August 06, 2007

The Blotter: FBI Proposes Building Network of U.S. Informants

Hmmmmmmm

The CIA and the NSA were prevented from sharing data to keep domestic affairs separated from foreign affairs more specifically to prevent them from ever becoming anything like the former KGB. Yet today's society lauds those willing to turn in their neighbors and friends.

People now praise the government for combining these agencies. TV shows like "Cops" and "America's Most Wanted" and social programs that encourage students to tell on their parents for illegal activities (Yeah, it has happened and if you want to question it, I can research it and get the links but I am just posting in response to this article here) encourage a paranoid and fearful society that is all too willing to turn in anybody that they see on tv who they suppose the people telling them are speaking truthfully.

I am not saying that they are already using programs like these in a manner such as this, only that it is a slippery slope and the power is now available for them to easily misuse and abuse as they see fit. The level of apathy among the general population as regards facts and the apparent complicity of the MSM have left all Americans more open and more vulnerable to self-destruction than to a destruction caused by any exterior forces.

American Informant Network? "Can you say 'AMERIKA' boys and girls? I thought you could!"

No comments: