Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Beauchamp Recants -- From The Weekly Standard

My blog is an Op-Ed thing for me. I simply give my opinion about what is happening and what it indicates to me about what is happening to my once great and proud nation. I mark it as my opinion and tell it as my opinion. I personally believe that I am (unfortunately) correct about most of the things I opine about but still, it remains mostly my opinion and even facts are interspersed with my opinions about their underlying meanings.

For anybody to spout off personal opinion as news is abhorrent and personally, I think one of the reasons that the MSM or Dead Tree Media is failing so quickly.

To attempt to pass off blatant lies or even "exaggeration" as news seems frivolous, stupid and self-defeating in a just world.

Unfortunately, the world we live in is neither fair nor just, much less reasoned by balance.

Still, for an editor or even a newspaper to stand behind such allegations as categorical fact after they have been "dis proven" in a statement sworn to under oath by the creator ... How can that editor make any justification for calling it news at all? If it is an opinion, it is not news. If it is fabricated then it is a lie. For an editor of all people to deny this is perhaps the greatest tragedy which has been revealed here.

It is understandable that many of my fellow countrymen (including the brave women in uniform as well) will hate this war and perhaps even loathe it. Many will see benefits and see change that others do not and feel in their hearts that they are doing the correct thing and following a just path. I am not here to give my (pointless) approval or denial to the war. My intention is to get people to read their Constitution and to question the legitimacy of a federal body that has proven over and over again that it disregards its citizens as well as the very constitution which it is sworn to uphold and defend against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I do not see how anyone who is familiar with the Federalist Papers or the Constitution could see anything any differently than the words that are written there. They need no interpretation and have presented a valid and (frighteningly) accurate picture of what my nation would become when this happened ... and make no mistakes, it HAS happened. But I digress into my personal opinions again.

There are many venues for soldiers to vent their frustrations or to voice their support. To try and pass off opinion as news is just wrong. To blatantly lie in an attempt to deceive people and have them believe something is true when it is not, is dishonest and should be punished. For an editor to not only allow such rants, but to support them even after the author has recanted them ... I can never see any justification for that. To me as a writer, the complicity is what bothers me the most I think. Lying does not make me believe that someone is a professional, dependable, well-educated or in anyways anything more than a basic and simple liar.

Then again, this nutcracker also swore an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the USA against all enemies foreign and domestic as well. It does not look like his sworn oath's validity has any more merit in one arena than it does in another. Personally, if his brothers deny the accusations, there are more of them and they seem to be serving well, I would have to believe the person I am not sure about as opposed to someone I know has lied at least once and likely, if they will lie once, they will do so again. Those are the ways of a liar.

That is just my opinion though.

No comments: