Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Muslims face extra checks in new travel crackdown - Britain - Times Online

Muslims face extra checks in new travel crackdown - Britain - Times Online And no this is not racist!

Does anyone else remember Wayne Williams? All of the black children being tragically killed in the Atlanta area? There were cries to stop every white male going through town because everybody knew that all serial killers were white men. I did not object to that, even though I am a white male. It did in fact seem to be the most logical assumption to make at the time. I did not see anything wrong then with specifically targeting or "profiling" the likely suspect than I do now. If white men were blowing up airplanes and attacking people, than they should get closer scrutiny. If blue haired Gramma's are posing an imminent threat, than they should receive more attention. What is really wrong with taking a closer look at the people who are known to be committing acts of violence against anyone? For those of you that may think me a racist, bear in mind that I have traveled about half the world, I speak four languages, (Five if you include hillbilly as a language unto itself) and live in a country where I am the foreigner.

Ward

No comments: